Emergency First Aid At Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is a one day course aimed at enabling a candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required. It is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
Title: QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
Be 14 years of age or older.
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
7 Recommended Guided Learning Hours
This qualification covers:
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and defibrillation
- Recovery Position
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries
- Cuts, grazes and bruises
- Minor burns and scalds
Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (A/504/4517)
- Demonstrate CPR and safe use of an AED
- Demonstrate ability to administer first aid on a choking casualty
- Demonstrate ability to carry out first aid on an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate ability to manage wounds, bleeding and shock, plus optional extra – catastrophic bleeding
- Complete a multiple choice question paper with a pass mark of 11/15