The Pool Lifeguard qualification is a nationally recognised qualification designed to train lifeguards in pool rescue, CPR techniques, first aid and dealing with poolside emergencies in accordance with the National Occupational Standards and sections 140 – 185 of Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations.
Get in Touch
If you need information on any of our courses please get in touch, we’ll be happy to give you any details that you need.
Qualification Number: 603/4276/6 Title: STA Level 2 Award for Pool Lifeguard
- Be 16 years, or older, at the point of assessment
- Be able to jump into deep water
- Be able to swim 50 metres in under 1 minute
- Be able to swim 100 metres on the front and 100 metres on the back without stopping
- Be able to tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
- Be able to climb out of the pool unaided without the use of steps or ladders.
Validity of Award:
Length of Course:
- Knowing how to prepare and maintain a healthy and safe pool environment
- Knowing how to carry out pool emergency procedures and basic rescue skills
- Knowing how to observe activities carefully and continuously while supervising the pool
- Knowing how to give customers information and help
- Understanding the need to educate customers on how to use the pool safely
- Knowing how to identify and deal with any potential hazards promptly and safely while the pool is in use
- Giving information and help with effective communication with customers and colleagues
- Understanding the Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a pool responder and first aider
- Understanding basic first aid procedures for injuries sustained in an aquatic environment
- Knowing how to respond to a pool emergency situation and administer basic life support
- Understanding the differences when dealing with various kinds of casualties
- Being able to respond to simulated pool emergencies
- Understanding the important of recording, reporting and analysing pool emergency and first aid situation
- First Aid at Work
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- CPR and AED
- CPR and Anaphylaxis
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out rescue activities in a safe, effective and prompt manner
- Demonstrate CPR on a sudden collapse or drowning adult, baby and child casualty in a safe, prompt and effective manner
- Demonstrate the management of an unconscious casualty, including primary survey and recovery position, in a safe, prompt and effective manner
- Complete a 57 question multiple-choice paper with a unit pass mark of 12/15, 13/18, 20/24.
Get in Touch
CALL US ON 0330 053 9644 FOR A CUSTOM PACKAGE
Travel charged at 45p per mile.
Prices exclude VAT