The Pool Emergency Responder qualification is designed for those pools under 1.5m in depth such as hotel swimming pools and holiday park swimming pools. The Pool Emergency Responder qualification is designed to train candidates in pool rescue, CPR techniques and first aid competencies in order to deal with poolside emergencies in accordance with the National Occupational Standards and the HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations.
Get in Touch
If you need information on any of our courses please get in touch, we’ll be happy to give you any details that you need.
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
- Swim 25 metres. Learners who cannot swim 25 metres must be able to demonstrate the ability to wade, and effect a rescue in a pool with a depth no greater than chest depth.
Validity of Award:
Length of Course:
- Understanding the Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a pool responder and first aider
- Knowing how to assess an incident
- Knowing how to administer basic life support in a swimming pool environment
- Being able to manage unresponsive casualties who are breathing normally and not normally
- Being able to assist a casualty who is choking
- Understanding basic first aid procedures
- Being able to perform basic rescue skills, and manage a wounded and bleeding casualty
- Knowing how to respond to a pool emergency situation and simulated pool emergencies
- Understanding the differences in dealing with different kinds of casualties
- Understanding recording, reporting and analysing pool emergency and first aid situations
- First Aid at Work
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- CPR and AED
- CPR and Anaphylaxis
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out rescue activities in a safe, effective and prompt manner
- Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation, its preparatory actions and aftercare
Get in Touch
CALL US ON 0330 053 9644 FOR A CUSTOM PACKAGE
Travel charged at 45p per mile.
Prices exclude VAT