Emergency Paediatric First Aid
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid course is a one-day course designed for parents, and people who work with children in the absence of their parents, giving candidates knowledge on first aid, and dealing with emergency situations when in the care of babies and young children.
QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Be 16 years of age or older.
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
6 Guided Learning Hours
2 Non-Contact Learning Hours
This qualification covers:
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and AED #
- Minor Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Keeping records of incidents
- Demonstrate infant CPR and safe use of an AED
- Demonstrate Child CPR and safe use of an AED
- Demonstrate ability to administer first aid on a choking casualty
- Demonstrate the management of an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate ability to manage paediatric wounds, bleeding and shock, plus optional extra – catastrophic bleeding
- Complete a multiple choice question paper with a pass mark of 11/15